Weathering a storm can be unpredictable, which is why staying informed is a top priority during a hurricane. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you stay in the know.
🗺️ Storm tracking
Track the storm’s progress through the National Hurricane Center, which provides top news of the day, hurricane position updates, and satellite imagery.
USA Today also has a storm tracker with an interactive map.
Sign up for the FEMA app to get real-time weather alerts, send notifications to friends + family, and locate emergency shelters.
🍊 Polk County updates
The Polk County website has decision-making and emergency resources, including:
🦢 City of Lakeland updates
The City of Lakeland’s Emergency Planning and Response website has resources on:
The Ledger also has a live-updating map reporting outages throughout the state.
☎️ Emergency phone numbers and radio stations
Stay connected with these lines and stations:
- American Red Cross: 863-294-5941
- Citizens Information Line: 863-401-2234 or 866-661-0228
- United Way Information: 211 or 888-370-7188
- Bilingual Emotional Support Helpline: 833-848-1764
- Report price gouging: 1-866-966-7226
- Animal services: (863) 499-2600
- NOAA Radio Broadcast Channels: 162.500 & 162.550 MHz