Swan City or Mural City? You decide this summer.
Starting this week, the Lakeland Community Redevelopment Agency‘s Dixieland Art Infusion Grant Program officially kicks off as 17 local businesses have signed up to participate. Most of the murals will appear up and down S. Florida Ave., along the “Art Infusion Corridor”, with a goal of at least 20 murals with the potential for more on the way.
Once completed, if you drove down the Art Infusion Corridor, this is the order in which you’d spot the new murals:
- Swan Brewing, 115 W. Pine St. | Swan Brewing is expected to receive 1 mural facing Pine St.
- Stationary Loft & Gift Boutique, 230 N. Kentucky Ave. | This mural is scheduled to face Trader’s Alley.
- 360 Unlimited, 911 Florida Ave. S. | The exact design of this mural is pending but will be designed by Timothy Haas.
- Low Country Vintage, 913 S. Florida Ave. | The first completed mural, “Crape Blossoms”, was painted by Katie Hall.
- Law Office of Stephen H. Artman, P.A., 925 Florida Ave. S. | This mural’s details are still in the works.
- Lakeland Foot and Ankle, 927 Florida Ave. S. | This mural’s details are still in the works.
- Reececliff Family Diner, 940 Florida Ave. S. | Reececliff is expected to receive a mural in the next few months — its design is to be determined.
- Dixieland Import Auto Parts, 948 Florida Ave. S., #1153 | This mural’s details are still in the works.
- Quick Print Express, 950 Florida Ave. S. | Quick Print will receive a fresh coat of paint and a mural.
- Subs ‘N Such, 1008 Florida Ave. S. | A tentative purple octopus + yellow submarine was hinted at for this Lakeland sandwich staple to pay homage to the classic Beatles song.
- Reflections of Excellence, 1013 Florida Ave. S. | The plans for this mural have been approved with the details coming soon.
- Bent’s Schwinn Cycling & Fitness, 1058 S. Florida Ave. | The biz will receive a fresh coat of paint with a tentative mural planned for its interior.
- Waller Construction and Design Center, 1065 Florida Ave. S. | This mural’s details are still in the works.
- Tucker’s Southside Package and Lounge, 1122 Florida Ave. S. | The plans for this mural are currently still in the conceptual design phase.
- Tracy & Company Hair Design, 1211 Florida Ave. S. | The plans for this mural are currently still in the conceptual design phase.
Applications for business owners are still available and can be found here.