If you’re looking to foster a hobby, take a class, or host an event — you’re looking for a community center. Here’s a guide to five here in Lakeland.
Coleman-Bush Building, 1104 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
This multi-purpose facility hosts classes and offers rental space for events like weddings + family reunions.
- Features: Auditorium, meeting rooms, classrooms, and a dance studio
Kelly Recreation Complex, 404 Imperial Blvd.
This complex offers adult fitness + dance classes, martial arts, and children’s programming.
- Features: Cardio theater, multi-level fitness area, 12,000-sqft gymnasium, eight tennis + pickleball courts
Lake Crago Outdoor Recreation Complex, 525 Lake Crago Dr.
This lakeside facility offers kayak, canoe + paddleboard rentals as well as classes and activities.
- Features: Kayak + canoe facility, green spaces, lakeside patio, banquet room, rental rooms, educational amphitheater
Lake Mirror Complex, 121 S. Lake Ave.
This complex along the lake consists of park spaces and multiple rentable buildings.
- Features: Auditorium, community theater, amphitheater, parks, and rental spaces
Simpson Park Community Center, 1725 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
This indoor + outdoor facility offers instructional classes, sports leagues, and special event programming.
- Features: Two full-size basketball courts, tennis court, softball field, weight room, cardio room, computer room, and game room
Looking for more ways to enjoy Lakeland’s community centers? Check out these upcoming events:
- Falling Into Fun - Fall Festival | Thurs., Oct. 27 | 3:30-6:30 p.m. | Simpson Park Community Center | Free | Dancing, arts + crafts, bounce houses, and archery
- The Annual Red Ribbon Run | Sat., Oct. 29 | 7 a.m. | Lake Mirror Complex | Free for children, $5 for adults | Fun run for the whole family
- Video Game Rumble | Sat., Oct. 29 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Simpson Park Community Center | Free | Watch or play games like Fortnite + HALO.
Learn about events by following the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department on Facebook.