Strap in and prepare for your annual dose of G-force fun. SUN ‘n FUN is back, taking place from Tuesday, March 28-Sunday, April 2 at the Expo Campus (4075 James C. Ray Dr.). Entering its 49th year, the event has grown into one of the largest aviation events ever.
Within the Sunshine State, it reigns as the largest annual convention of any kind, drawing in over 200,000 visitors. The aviation exhibition showcases hundreds of aircraft, a trade show, 500+ exhibitors, a career fair, and airshows.
If you’re planning to attend this year’s expo, here’s what you need to know:
- SUN ‘n FUN offers both daily and weekly tickets starting at $45 for the day and $170 for the duration of the event. Kids 10 and under get in free.
- Pro tip: Parking is half off if you register online. Parking at the gate is $20 per day or $80 for the week.
- Use the online schedule to plan for public movie screenings, fly-bys, demonstrations, and more.
- You can camp out at the expo. This year, homebuilt parking and camping will be co-located to foster community-building, give campers premier viewing of the daily airshow, and easy access to The Island.
- Want to arrive in style? Pilots may fly-in to the expo. Check in at the Pilot Welcome Center after landing to collect your complimentary Fly-In Style Pilot Card for discounts throughout the expo.
- This year, a C-5 Galaxy — the largest aircraft in the Air Force inventory — will be on display.
- Waco Kitchen (located inside Lakeland Linder International Airport) has a special SUN ‘n FUN menu, featuring customer favorites and new seasonal dishes. Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Calling all Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick fans — an F-14 will be on display along with an F-18 and Tom Cruise impersonator.
Is there something we missed that’s bringing you to the expo this year? Share it with us and be sure to tag us in your photos next week.