If traveling in fall and winter isn’t on your radar, we’ve got 17 reasons to reconsider.
See the lights of Europe
Experience holiday lights in Europe, where both charming historic streets and dramatic landscapes create memories like no other.
- Frankfurt, Germany: Visit Frankfurt’s iconic holiday markets.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Be dazzled by the Amsterdam Light Festival.
- Reykjavik, Iceland: See the Northern Lights in-person.
Hit the ski slopes of Canada
In addition to friendly people, Canada is known for its epic ski resorts. Our recs:
- Ottawa, Ontario: Calabogie Ski Resort and Mont Tremblant
- Vancouver, British Columbia: Whistler Blackcomb and Cypress Mountain (home to the 2010 Olympics)
- Toronto, Ontario: Blue Mountain Resort. Bonus: Shopping lovers should visit the PATH, the largest underground shopping complex in the world.
Go on a “summer” escape
Reminder: Brazil’s summer starts in December. Whether exploring city streets, watching soccer games, or beach-bumming it, a few great Brazilian cities to visit include:
- Belo Horizonte
- Sao Paulo
Wade in tropical waters
Ah, island life. Savor those Caribbean vibes and turquoise waters with a tropical getaway in:
- Santiago, Dominican Republic
- Freeport, Bahamas
Explore apple orchards, redwood forests + more
Visit all four corners of the US for:
- Westchester County, NY: Apple picking + hay rides in Hudson Valley.
- Wausau, WI: A fall hike in Rib Mountain State Park.
- El Paso, TX: A margarita in El Paso, where legend has it the famous drink was born.
- San Francisco, CA: Rolling hills and some of San Francisco’s warmest (and sunniest) days. Bonus: Take the short drive to Muir Woods for a walk in the redwoods.
Which destination do you most want to visit? Let us know.