It’s o-fish-ally summertime, and that means we’re craving sunshine, surf, sand, and seafood. Check out a few places where you can find fresh seafood right here in Swan City.
- Fancy Q Sushi & Thai, 5615 Florida Ave. S. | Serious sushi fans should try the Sashimi Deluxe for 16 pieces of assorted raw fish.
- Gosh! Asian Bistro & Sushi, 4742 Florida Ave. S. | Stop by daily after 11 a.m. and order up a lunch bento box, which comes with your choice of entree, half a California roll, and a side salad.
- New Moon Sushi, 4231 Florida Ave. S. | We ordered (and loved) the Orlando and Philly rolls, plus a teriyaki salmon box. If you want another suggestion, Instagram user @Cashley1 recommends the Hana roll.
- Rib House, 2918 S. Florida Ave. | Talk about a unique combination. Rib House is known for offering both Thai and BBQ menus, and its sushi is what our followers raved about most.
- Scream’n Tuna Sushi, 270 E. Bay St. #2150 | Pro tip: Order the sushi appetizer for a little taste of everything, including tuna, salmon, white fish, yellow tail, & shrimp.
- Spice Thai & Sushi, 3895 Florida Ave. S. | Editor’s Pick: Stop by Spice Thai & Sushi on the weekend for its signature weekend lunch special, including spring rolls, soup, your choice of a Thai dish or two sushi rolls, and a freshly fried donut for dessert.
- Sumo Sushi, 5295 Florida Ave. S. | Check out Sumo Sushi’s rotating belt next time you get a hankering for sushi.
- Thai Oishi, 1535 Town Center Dr. | Boasting both Japanese + Thai cuisine, Thai Oishi is known for its comprehensive menu, right in the heart of Lakeside Village.
- Tsunami Sushi, 114 N. Tennessee Ave. #101 | For a truly Lakeland experience, take a stroll in Munn Park after enjoying a fresh bite from owner Vinh Nguyen’s Japanese-style restaurant.
- Country Chicken & Fish, 1263 Kathleen Rd. | Nearly 2,000 Google reviews recommend this drive-thru and walk-up shack’s seafood, chicken + homemade pound cake.
- Mister Fish, 715 E. Palmetto St. | This carry-out Lakeland staple has been serving up its famous Mister Fish sandwiches since 1968.
- Bay Street Bistro, 211 E. Bay St. | Order the escargot before enjoying a variety of seafood options, including fresh-caught wild salmon, Chilean sea bass, and sea scallops.
- Bonefish Grille, 225 W. Pipkin Rd. | Pro tip: head to Reader Bruce A.’s suggested spot if you’re dining with a group and order the family bundle special.
- Catfish Country, 2400 EF Griffin Rd., Bartow | Reader Allyson A. told us to try the fried catfish and crab claws.
- Charm City Seafood, 330 Old Bartow Eagle Lake Rd., Bartow | Try the shrimp tacos + crab cakes to see why it’s Reader Karen D’s favorite spot.
- Crafty Crab, 4266 US Hwy. 98 N. | Fans of a good ol’ fashioned seafood boil can stop by and build their own from 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Cravin Cajun, 3615 S. Florida Ave., Ste. #940 | Fans of oyster bars should try Reader Ryan H.’s favorite spot, located near Hobby Lobby.
- Fish City Grill, 1485 Town Center Dr. | Get happy hour deals on food on Mon.-Fri. from 3-6 p.m. We’ve got our eyes on the $8 shrimp nachos.
- Gaskins Barbecue & Lobster, 1614 Town Center Dr. | This seafood + BBQ hybrid is known for its lobster rolls and gluten-free platters.
- Harry’s Old Place, 3751 Cypress Gardens Rd., Winter Haven | Reader Ashley P. recommends trying the Harry in the Bag – baked grouper with a pecan topping.
- Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille, 101 N. Kentucky Ave. | Pro tip: Stop by for lunch and start with the crispy calamari or salmon dip for a delicious afternoon.
- Mr. & Mrs. Crab, 3770 Lakeside Village Ct. | Do you take your oysters raw or steamed? Either way, stop by today from 12-10 p.m.
- Shell’s Seafood Restaurant, 5125 S. Florida Ave. | The shrimp pasta at Reader Amy W.’s go-to spot has nearly 200 reviews.
- Lakeland Seafood Market, 320 W. Memorial Blvd. | Prefer to be your own chef? Shop dozens of varieties of shrimp, fish, shellfish, and crab.
- Publix Super Markets, locations vary | Fun fact: Publix partners with Global Seafood Sustainability Initiative and Sustainable Fisheries Partnership to teach customers about seafood sustainability, that way it feels as good as it tastes.
- Riverside Express Seafood, 130 E. Memorial Blvd. | This seafood market + restaurant is open from 11 a.m.-9 p.m., but we recommend getting there early in the day for the freshest catch.