Take your tastebuds on a trip in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrate the dynamic flavors of Latin America with this recipe from Publix:
South American-Style Steak Sandwiches (Churrasco)
- 2 limes
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 1 large tomato
- 1 New York strip steak (about 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Juice limes (2 tablespoons). Halve avocados; scoop out flesh and smash, then stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Chop parsley and garlic finely; slice tomato.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet. Season steak with salt and pepper. Place oil in a pan and add steak. Cook on each side until browned to your preference. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing; temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
- Combine mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, and remaining lime juice. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom buns. Top with steak slices, tomatoes, avocado mixture, and top buns.*