Lakeland’s latest business boom has brought us a creative biz making a paws-itive impact: Purrology Cat Cafe. The first of its kind in Swan City, this cafe lets guests interact with free-roaming cats up for adoption while you sip on specialty beverages, saving cats from being euthanized.
- Location: 5343 S. Florida Ave.
- Hours: Tues.-Sun., 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Guests can book an hour-long lounge visit to pet the cats for $12 per person.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment to order specialty coffee, tea, and more. View the menu here.
- If you meet a cat you can’t leave without, you can adopt them through A Kitten Place, an animal rescue organization.
- You can book a private party, or attend one of their special events (cat yoga, anyone?).
City Editor Connor here. I visited the lounge to meet the cats for myself. I arrived a few minutes before my appointment and ordered an ube brown sugar latte — and it tasted as good as it looked.
I had a full hour to pet and play with seven kittens, and one even tried to take a sip of my drink. The cats were very friendly, though some were a bit shyer than others and took their time warming up to me. They have plenty of toys and places to climb — it’s truly a cat’s purr-adise.
Try it fur yourself
Check Purrology’s Instagram account before your visit to see which cats are available in the cat room (they rotate out as others get adopted). If you want to get even more involved, the biz is always looking for volunteers.
Ready to book your visit? We have a feline you’ll enjoy it — just bring your lint roller.