Major Local Announcements
- ICYMI: As of April 5, Gov. Ron DeSantis extended his executive order to allow any individual aged 18 or older to be vaccinated (16+ for the Pfizer vaccine). At this time, 170,668 vaccines have been distributed to Polk County Residents. Click here to learn more about eligibility for the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Starting April 9, Florida Southern College students have the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The Johnson & Johnson single-shot will be available to current students at 10 a.m. No appointments are necessary, however, doses are limited + Mocs are asked to arrive with their student and state ID.
- Several independent pharmacies in Polk County have open vaccine appointments as early as the same day, as part of the CDC Federal Retail Pharmacy Program. The two in Lakeland are the Cleveland Heights Pharmacy (3405 Cleveland Heights Blvd.) + QuickNSave (722 E. Memorial Blvd.). (The Ledger)
- Reliance Medical Centers are now offering the Moderna vaccine at its Lakeland (3655 Innovation Dr.) and Winter Haven (141 E. Central Ave.) locations. 200 doses per week (or 20 per day) will be all that each location will offer, and will require appointments. (Click Orlando)
- DYK how Polk County scores on Florida’s scorecard, as it concerns COVID-19? Check out the stats here.
Health Care Resources
- What to do if you think you’re sick (CDC)
- CDC Resources
- World Health Organization Resources
- Wondering where to get tested in Lakeland? Check here.
- Peace River Center offers a crisis line for emotional support for those who may be struggling with substance abuse during this time. Call 863.519.3744 for immediate assistance.
- The Florida Department of Health in Polk has set up a call center: 863.519.7911, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Lakeland Regional Health’s Drive-Thru Testing Center is now open. More details can be found here.
Business + Employment Resources
- Is your Reemployment Assistance claim labeled as “Not Registered”? Complete your application for Reemployment Assistance benefits here + learn more about your benefit claim here.
- The Florida Department of Health + Polk County Public Schools have worked together to create a new online resource to help keep the community informed about confirmed coronavirus cases.
- If this pandemic has shown us anything, it’s how resilient Lakeland is, and how we’re finding new ways of doing business. Catapult chatted with its members about 3 attitudes entrepreneurs need to guide them through a crisis. Ⓟ
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) released an online dashboard where daily updates of unemployment benefits payments can be tracked.
- Save + share this page of local resources for small businesses, curated by Catapult. Have more ideas on how to help our community as a whole?
- City of Lakeland
- College and professional sporting events (CBS Sports)
- Florida colleges and universities (WTXL)
- Local events (Lkld Now)
- For Kids + families
- Lakeland businesses
- Lakeland Electric
- Polk County Public Schools
- How are you feeling LAL?
- Lakeland immune-boosting treats
- How local homebuilders are pivoting for COVID-19
- The Support LKLD app
- COVID-19 job opportunities in Lakeland, FL
- How you can support LALtoday through COVID-19
- LAL Photo Album
- 55+ popular local Facebook groups
- Local online workouts
- Mental Health tips + resources
- Local podcasts to add to your subscription list
- Local resources for small businesses + job-seekers
- SUN ‘n FUN launches Home Edition 2020
- Thank you for your support of LALtoday
- COVID-19’s impact on travel and tourism in Central Florida
- Post-quarantine shopping guide in LAL