Are you yearning for some learning? Try taking one of these classes to hone your skills, have fun + learn something new in and around Lakeland.
For artsy learners
- Polk Museum of Art | Beginners or experienced artists can learn oil painting, photography, and more with six-week courses. Pro tip: The deadline to apply for fall courses is Sun., Sept. 10.
- Painting with a Twist | A new class is offered every day so you can try painting in different styles.
- Marvelous Mud Pottery Studio | Join a two-part pottery workshop, or sign up for a four-week course (fall courses begin Thursday, Sept. 7).
- Swan City Improv | Learn the basics of improv comedy with eight-week courses for kids + adults. Offered seasonally.
For curious learners
- Institute of Spanish Communication | Learn how to speak Spanish in private or group lessons.
- Lakeland Public Library| Discover your family’s past with free history + genealogy courses.
For active learners
- Florida Dance Theater | Attend an adult workshop to get your body moving, or learn adult ballet.
- Lakeland Ice Arena | Learn how to ice skate in Lakeland’s only real ice rink.
For foodie learners
- Obscure Wine Company | Become a wine tasting + serving expert with courses for beginners and more experienced sommeliers.
For young learners
- Art Centric Studio | Kids can create art pieces + crafts with step-by-step classes.
- What’s Cooking Lakeland | Young chefs can learn to bake and cook under adult supervision — and they can take home their creations.
Where else are you learning something new? Teach us about the other courses Lakelanders can take that didn’t make our list.