Table of Contents
Memorial Day — a federal holiday for honoring US military personnel who have died while serving our country — is on Monday, May 29. Whether you’re attending a Memorial Day service or planning ahead for closures around town, here’s our guide to Memorial Day in Lakeland, Florida.
Events + observances
- Memorial Day Tribute | Monday, May 29 | 10-11 a.m. | Lakeland Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, 2125 Bartow Hwy., Lakeland | Free | Honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice at this tribute featuring an address from Congressman Scott Franklin and a complimentary lunch catered by 2nd Hand Smoke.
- Memorial Day Celebration | Monday, May 29 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Lakeland Harley Davidson, 4202 Lakeland Hills Blvd., Lakeland | Free entry | This Memorial Day commemoration will feature a free BBQ cookout, DJ, vendors, and used bike tent sale.
- Memorial Day w/ Shawn Rahn & Fat Maggie’s | Monday, May 29 | 12-9 p.m. | Swan Brewing, 115 W. Pine St., Lakeland | Price of purchase | Shawn Rahn will start playing acoustic tunes at 2 p.m. and Fat Maggie’s Food Truck will be on-site serving up your favorites.
- Memorial Day at the Gardens | Monday, May 29 | 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Bok Tower Gardens, 1151 Tower Blvd., Lake Wales | Free with military ID | All active duty military personnel and military veterans can gain free admission to the gardens with a valid ID.
- Memorial Day Ceremony | Monday, May 29 | 9-10 a.m. | Railroad Park, 502 E. Main St., Haines City | Free | Visit the Military Court of Honor at Railroad Park in downtown Haines City for a wreath-laying ceremony.
This is not an exhaustive list — check hours online or call ahead to see if your desired location is open on Memorial Day.