Look no further for your next vacation because St. Augustine, FL might just be calling your name. Filled with Spanish architecture, a vibrant artistic scene, and a delicious variety of seafood, this charming coastal city invites you to revel in its historical roots.
Not to mention, it is home to the supposed location of Ponce De Leon’s Fountain of Youth. Here’s what you need to explore.
Why go? 🗺️
- It is known as the oldest and first European settlement in America (founded in 1565).
- If you’re visiting in the summer, work on your tan lines, as St. Augustine has 42 miles of beaches.
- There are tons of community events, historic tours, restaurants, shops, and more entertainment for you to enjoy. Check out its local resources for all the details: Old City, Explore St. Augustine, and Discover St. Augustine.
- In 2022, the Nation’s Oldest City opened Asado Life, offering a live grilling culinary experience.
Act like a local 📸
- Food: Enjoy avocado toast for breakfast or a Bocadillo sandwich for lunch at Sunday ($$).
- Drink: Order the Hibiscus Rose Latté at Sweetwater Coffee Bar and Gallery ($).
- Outdoors: Tour the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument – it’s a great photo opp.
- Learn: Check out Flagler College, ranked No. 2 out of 132 Regional Colleges South by U.S. News.
- Explore: Shop for relics + high-end vintage on St. George Street. Pro tip: Stop by the Oldest Wooden School House.
Where to stay 💼
- Vrbo: The Luxury Historic Island Dog House of Downtown St. Augustine (~$189/night)*
- Airbnb: Historic Dwtn Sevilla St. Home (~$216/night)
- Splurge hotel: Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection (~$275/night)
- Save hotel: The Local (~$89/night)
By honoring its significant past, the Ancient City gives us a charming tour of America’s oldest cobblestone roads, with picturesque spots for visitors to love.