Hey, Lakeland – Rilee here. The current frenzy in Lakeland’s housing market may have you on edge, but now you can read about how to stand out as a buyer in the current market. Recently, I met with the experts at S&D Real Estate for a mock consultation. You can make an appointment to #TryThis for yourself.
What we tried:
Jim, Amanda, Heather, and Dee talked me through all things home buying in our mock consultation. They answered my questions and gave me several #ProTips on how to stand out from the competition.
After chatting with the bunch, I quickly learned that each agent has their client’s best interests in mind. In addition to ensuring you’re getting a good deal + keeping your important documents organized, agents are experts in their communities and can provide important insight to buyers regarding neighborhoods, schools, and the local housing market.
What not to miss:
Book a consultation before starting the process. In under 1 hour, I learned these #ProTips to be a competitive buyer: 👇
- Be pre-approved, not just pre-qualified.
- Offer a short inspection period.
- Offer a larger escrow deposit to show sellers you’re serious.
- Offer cash above the appraised value, if possible.
- Understand the seller’s needs — do they need time post-occupancy to get settled? Do they want a fast closing?
What we’re still talking about:
It can be daunting to purchase a home. After all, it’s no small investment. A good realtor can make all the difference.
S&D’s team shared some “must-haves” to find in a realtor, including:
- An understanding that they’re not selling a home, but a lifestyle + community.
- A strong professional reputation.
Basically, find a trusted professional, that way you really can just focus on making your Pinterest board dreams come to life. ✨
How you can experience this:
Call 863-824-7169 or visit their website to schedule a consultation.