Sponsored Content

Read this before sharing holiday goodies with your pet

Sponsored by
A golden retriever looks up while sitting in front of a Christmas tree

Even the bones from your beautiful dinner centerpiece can lead to splinters or intestinal blockages.

Photo via Pexels

The holidays are here, and the urge to share seasonal goodies with your furry friends might feel as natural as Mariah Carey playing in the background.

But before handing over that cookie or gift basket nibble, remember to double-check the packaging or recipe. Festive foods can contain unexpectedly harmful ingredients to animals, including chocolate, onions, dyes + spices.

These ingredients can cause pain, digestive issues, pancreatitis, and even toxicity, and you may find yourself making an unplanned vet visit.

Check with a local expert first

More from LALtoday
Sponsored
Sponsored
Sponsored