Shaken or stirred? Salt or sugar? You decide, tomorrow at the Lakeland Margarita Ball.
Happening annually in November, the Margarita Ball occurs on the Frances Langford Promenade at Lake Mirror, and while there will be margaritas on deck for your enjoyment, the event really centers around assisting Polk County’s children.
Want to get a load of the action? Here’s how you can participate:
- Donations. The overarching goal of the event is to supply Christmas gifts to children in need this season. Monetary donations can be made via the Margarita Ball website.
- Purchasing a ticket. Tickets for the event may be purchased online, starting at $40 per person. Any tickets purchased between today and the event will be available for pickup at the event.
- Bringing a toy. If you choose to attend, be sure to bring an unwrapped toy for a child in need.
Never attended a Margarita Ball before and want to know what’s on the agenda? Here’s what you can expect:
- As previously mentioned, the event kicks off tomorrow, Nov. 20 at 8 p.m.
- The festivities will occur at the Lake Mirror Promenade, 121 S. Lake Ave.
- Entertainment by the band MPiRE will be on-site, playing tunes for any and all generations, all night long.
- Along with live music, there will also be hors d’oeurves on site, margaritas, of course, and other local food items.
- While the event is listed as a “ball,” the dress code is casual, unless you feel like whipping out your three-piece suit or ball gown, of course.
Want to learn more about what you can expect? Check out photos from years past here.