Salt or sugar? You decide this month at the 36th Annual Lakeland Margarita Ball.
While there will definitely be margaritas to enjoy, this annual event really centers around assisting Polk County’s children during the holiday season. Keep reading for everything you need to know about supporting the cause.
The overarching goal of the event is to supply holiday gifts to children in need this season. Monetary donations can be made online.
Bringing a toy
If you choose to attend, be sure to bring an unwrapped toy valued at $15+ for a child in need. Looking for inspiration? Here are a few ideas:
Purchasing a ticket
Tickets for the event may be purchased online, starting at $45 per person. This year, ticket and sponsorship options include:
- Single ticket — $45
- Bike sponsor (two tickets) — $175
- Toy Box Friends sponsor (four tickets) — $500
- Santa’s Helpers sponsor (eight tickets) — $1,000
- Group tickets in packages of 20, 25, or 40+
If you’d prefer not to purchase a ticket online, you can also buy them at Tuckers’ Southside Package and Lounge (1122 S. Florida Ave.). Tickets purchased at the doors of the event will be sold for $80.
What to expect
- The event takes place on Saturday, Nov. 18, 8-11 p.m.
- The festivities will occur at the Frances Langford Promenade (121 S. Lake Ave.).
- Entertainment by the band MPiRE will be on-site.
- Along with live music, there will also be complimentary hors d’oeuvres, beer, and of course, margaritas.
- While the event is listed as a “ball,” the dress code is casual, unless you feel like whipping out your three-piece suit or ball gown, of course.
- Attendees of this event must be 21+.
Want to learn more about what you can expect? Check out photos of previous events.