TBAYtoday City Editor Brad here — I’m jumping into LALtoday to share my experience of attending a Publix GreenWise Market Tap Takeover event — a craft beer sampling event happening monthly in the POURS section of Publix GreenWise Market locations throughout Florida.
Join me as I sip my way through a wide selection craft beers — and share how you can try this for yourself.
What we tried
I spent a delightful couple of hours indulging in conversations + tasting a fantastic collection of craft brews. This month’s featured vendor was Stella Artois. With the guidance of Stella representative Deacon and the skilled bartenders, I had the opportunity to sample a handful of the beers on tap.
Some personal favorites were:
- Stella Artois Lager (5% ABV)
- Wicked Weed Beer’s Watermelon Dragon Fruit Burst, Session Sour (4.5% ABV)
- Goose Island’s Hazy IPA (6.5% ABV)
Here’s the kicker: Each pint at these events costs just $5.35 – which might just be the best craft beer deal in town.
What not to miss
Don’t miss the next event. Additionally, here are some pro tips the friendly and knowledgeable staff shared with us:
- Every month a new vendor (usually a major brewer) comes in and plugs its kegs into the taps.
- There’s also weekly Friday Happy Hour drink specials in POURS from 4-7 p.m. (read: your new Friday tradition).
What we’re still talking about
I’ve been raving about the killer bev lineup to all my friends. From sugary sips to hoppy goodness, the Tap Takeover selection is legit and won’t break the bank either. Plus, as someone who adores anything free, the complimentary, custom-engraved Stella Artois Chalice was a bright red cherry on top.
Pro tip: One-stop-shop it by knocking out your weekly food run before or after the event.
How you can experience this
Keep your eye on Publix GreenWise Market’s events page for upcoming Tap Takeover events + featured vendors. Bonus: They also offer events like Brews and Bingo, Kids Crafts, and Wine Nights.
Things to know if you go:
• Experience: Tap Takeover monthly event series at Publix GreenWise Market
• Price: Free to attend + price of purchase
• Website: events.greenwisemarket.com
• Address: Multiple Publix GreenWise Market locations
• Hours: Varies per location
• Social: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter*