Earlier this year, we asked you if you would consider buying or have already purchased an electric vehicle (EV). The results are in: Nearly 60% of respondents said yes. As these cars rise in popularity, bookmark this guide to finding a charging station around Lakeland.
The US Department of Energy Alternative Fuels Data Center has an online map of EV charging stations. Select your location, charger type, or connector to see a list of public stations to fuel up. Pro tip: Use your zip code as your location for the most accurate results.
We tried out the map and found nine chargers in Lakeland. Here are a few to bookmark:
- Kelly Recreation Complex, 404 Imperial Blvd. | Available 24/7
- Kohl’s, 1401 Town Center Dr. NW | Available 24/7
- Lakeland Harley-Davidson, 4202 Lakeland Hills Blvd. | Available 24/7
- Publix GreenWise Market, 4747 S. Florida Ave. | Available during store hours
- Springhill Suites, 511 W. Lime St. | Available 24/7
Ready to hit the road? You can also use the site to plan out a route that passes by the charging stations you need. We mapped our route for a day trip to Mount Dora and found 101 stations along the way. If you’re heading to Tampa, there are a whopping 121 chances to charge up.