Table of Contents
Major Local Announcements
- Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando will both phase out temperature checks before admission, per updated CDC health guidelines. The changes are already in effect at Universal and will go into effect at Disney on Sun., May 16. Both parks will still require guests to wear masks.🎢
- Masks will remain mandatory in all Polk County Public Schools for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. PCPS will reevaluate all safety measures before the next school year, including mask requirements. (Polk County Public Schools)
- DYK how Polk County scores on Florida’s scorecard, as it concerns COVID-19? Check out the stats here.
Health Care Resources
- What to do if you think you’re sick (CDC)
- CDC Resources
- World Health Organization Resources
- Wondering where to get tested in Lakeland? Check here.
- Peace River Center offers a crisis line for emotional support for those who may be struggling with substance abuse during this time. Call 863.519.3744 for immediate assistance.
- The Florida Department of Health in Polk has set up a call center: 863.519.7911, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Lakeland Regional Health’s Drive-Thru Testing Center is now open. More details can be found here.
Business + Employment Resources
- Is your Reemployment Assistance claim labeled as “Not Registered”? Complete your application for Reemployment Assistance benefits here + learn more about your benefit claim here.
- The Florida Department of Health + Polk County Public Schools have worked together to create a new online resource to help keep the community informed about confirmed coronavirus cases.
- If this pandemic has shown us anything, it’s how resilient Lakeland is, and how we’re finding new ways of doing business. Catapult chatted with its members about 3 attitudes entrepreneurs need to guide them through a crisis. Ⓟ
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) released an online dashboard where daily updates of unemployment benefits payments can be tracked.
- Save + share this page of local resources for small businesses, curated by Catapult. Have more ideas on how to help our community as a whole?
- City of Lakeland
- College and professional sporting events (CBS Sports)
- Florida colleges and universities (WTXL)
- Local events (Lkld Now)
- For Kids + families
- Lakeland businesses
- Lakeland Electric
- Polk County Public Schools
- How are you feeling LAL?
- Lakeland immune-boosting treats
- How local homebuilders are pivoting for COVID-19
- The Support LKLD app
- COVID-19 job opportunities in Lakeland, FL
- How you can support LALtoday through COVID-19
- LAL Photo Album
- 55+ popular local Facebook groups
- Local online workouts
- Mental Health tips + resources
- Local podcasts to add to your subscription list
- Local resources for small businesses + job-seekers
- Thank you for your support of LALtoday
- COVID-19’s impact on travel and tourism in Central Florida