Ready to get your cycle on? The first indoor, cycling-specific facility is coming to Lakeland this summer. The biz, CYCLEdelic is owned by Mary Marcia Brown, a Lakeland local, and is situated at 3505 Cleveland Heights Blvd., neighboring the southside of the Cleveland Heights Golf Course.
Here’s what Mary has to say about her accomplishment:
“I’ve been teaching indoor cycling for more than a dozen years. But I got the idea about bringing an indoor cycling concourse to Lakeland when I was taking cycling classes all over Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina while working to set the Guinness World Record for Most Static Cycling Classes Attended in One Year” — that’s 585 classes, in case you were wondering.
The facility is slated to open sometime this June and will include:
- 6 on-site instructors ready to encourage and train guests
- Classes operating 7-days a week to fit any schedule
- 30 bikes on the property to ensure class availability
- A 1,500-sqft facility ready to pump out the best work-out jams
- A variety of classes for the most and least experienced cyclists
- A deli at the facility for smoothies
Riders can “book their trip” online, with day visits starting at $10. They’re also offering a CYCLEDeli Smoothie Card which allows regular visitors the chance to pre-order 10 smoothies to have after their rides. How cool is that?