Let us paint you a picture: Downtown Lakeland filled with art, music, and creativity — it must mean that Lakeland’s Art Crawl is back on Sat, Nov. 5. The annual event takes place at Munn Park from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., showcasing artists from all over Central Florida.
Interested in attending? Brush up on a few of the event highlights:
- The festival is free to attend.
- This year’s event will feature over 50 artists from 20+ Central Florida cities.
- Participating artists will compete in Art Wars, where they’ll create large works of art with surprise tools.
- Visitors can take part in art demonstrations and meet 13 supporting local organizations like the Polk Museum of Art, Lakeland Art Guild, and Art/ifact, to name a few.
- Enjoy live performances by FrediDANCE Project and the Rose Dynasty Foundation from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. DJ Jenks will be on-site spinning beats from 2-4 p.m.
- Shop your favorite pieces to add to your own art collection.
- It’s going to be a busy day downtown. The Downtown Farmers Curb Market will also be open on Saturday from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Check out our guide to free downtown parking before your visit.
This year, you can also espresso your creativity with the new Coffee Crawl. Stop by three local coffee shops to try art-inspired drinks: the Lemon Lime Pink Glitterade from Black & Brew, Hillcrest Coffee’s Green Octopus Matcha Latte, and a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Latte from Mitchell’s Coffee House.
What has you running to Art Crawl this weekend? Let us know and maybe we’ll try your suggestions.