Think bariatric surgery is only about weight loss? While weight loss is indeed an outcome of bariatric surgery, there are a host of health benefits that can significantly impact daily activities and long-term health goals.
If you’re considering the procedure, here are seven benefits of bariatric surgery that can improve your overall health (and even change your life):
- Positive hormonal changes that promote lasting weight loss
- Improved blood sugar levels that diminishes diabetes
- Better cardiovascular health and improved cholesterol
- More physical energy
- Reduced risk of obesity-related health conditions
- Enhanced mental well-being and self-esteem
- Better quality of life
The experts at AdventHealth know diet and exercise alone often aren’t enough to accomplish these health goals — that’s why the bariatric team goes beyond what’s on your plate and formulates a plan to guide you through a whole body + mind transformation journey.