Traveling via plane is fun — jet-setting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours is unlike anything else.
The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help make your time at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 140+ nonstop flights.
What to know
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, these maps of the entire airport will be your saving grace.
- Food and drink | Cask & Larder’s modern Southern comfort food changes the “airport food” game — whether you’re popping in for a breakfast Belgian waffle platter or enjoying a locally brewed craft beer before your red eye. Now open in Terminal C (Gates C230-C245) as well the original location at Gates 100-129. Not flying out of these gates? No worries. There are 60+ other great options throughout the terminals.
- Reminder | By May 7, 2025, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US.
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check your flight status here in a pinch, or by downloading the MCO App.
Current airport updates
The airport recently unveiled its brand-new, 1.8 million-sqft Terminal C, which added 15 new gates, 11 new retail locations, 23 new restaurants, and more. The new terminal opened for passengers on Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022, and it’s expected that 12 million passengers will travel through it annually — bringing MCO’s total annual passengers to 50+ million.
Parking, shuttles, and rideshare
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from their 3 a.m. landing. Each garage offers 20 minutes of free parking, 21-30 minutes for $2, and each additional 15 minutes for $1 up to a maximum of $19. Beyond that, the price per day is as listed:
- Parking Garages A, B, and C | $19/day
- Terminal Top Parking | $19/day
- North Park Place Economy Lot | $10/day
- South Park Place Economy Lot | $10/day
- West Park Place Economy Lot | $10/day (only open during holiday periods)
- Valet Parking | $25/day
- North Cell Phone Lot | Free
- South Cell Phone Lot | Free
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out a shuttle, rideshare, or taxi service that will take you to and from the terminal. These services are permitted to pick-up and drop-off at MCO:
- Uber | Rideshare
- Lyft | Rideshare
- Wingz | Rideshare
- Diamond Cab Company | Taxi
- Quick Cab | Taxi
- Town & Country Transport | Taxi
- Mears Taxi Yellow/City Cab | Taxi
- FastLink | Bus
- Mears Transportation Group | Shuttle bus
Rideshare pick-up locations:
- Arrivals Curb at Terminals A and B (on level 2)
- Departures Curb at Terminals A and B (on level 3) between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.
- Arrivals Curb at Terminal C (on level 6)
Rideshare drop-off locations:
- Departures Curb at Terminal A and B (on level 3)
- Departures Curb at Terminal C (on level 2)
MCO offers nonstop flights to 145 destinations — 102 US destinations, plus 42 international destinations in 20 countries. Here are four nonstop flights to consider for your next vacation:
- Lexington, KY | Avelo
- Cartagena, Colombia | Spirit
- Quebec City, Quebec | Air Canada + Air Transat
- Hunstville, AL | Breeze + Silver
Pro tip: Remember that flight times and schedules will often change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.
Here are some of the offerings (think: popular food and drink options, stores, and lounges) nearby these gates.
- Airlines: Frontier, Silver, Spirit
- Lounge: The Club MCO
- Table service dining: On The Border
- Other dining options: Urban Crave, Le Grand Comptoir, La Madeleine, Burger King, and more
- Airlines: American, Breeze, United
- Lounges: American Admiral’s Club, United Club
- Table service dining: Ruby Tuesday
- Other dining options: Camden Food Co., Nature’s Table, Qdoba, Wendy’s, and more
- Airlines: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air Transat, Avianca, Bahamasair, Copa, Delta, LATAM, Sun Country, Virgin Atlantic, Viva Air, Volaris, WestJet
- Lounges: Delta Sky Club, Club at MCO
- Table service dining: Bahama Breeze, Outback Steakhouse
- Other dining options: Tacos Locos, Vino Volo, Nathan’s, and more
- Airlines: Alaska, Avelo, Southwest
- Table service dining: Cask & Larder
- Other dining options: Villa Italian Kitchen, Chipotle, Jersey Mike’s, McDonald’s, and more
- Airlines: Aer Lingus, Azul, British Airways, Caribbean, Emirates, Eurowings Discover, GOL, Icelandair, JetBlue, Lynx Air, Norse, Sunwing
- Lounge: Plaza Premium Lounge
- Table service dining: PGA Tour Grill^, Summer House^, Sunshine Diner^
- Other dining options: Cask & Larder, Desano Pizzeria, Wine Bar George, Shake Shack, and more
^ Coming soon
Food and drink
MCO is a hub of eateries with dozens of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops for fliers to dine before or between flights, like:
- Le Madeleine’s | Silver Airways, Spirit, Frontier | Menu highlights: Chicken la Madeleine, caramel crème brûlée, coffee
- MCO MKT | American Airlines, Breeze, United | Menu highlights: Roasted veggie and goat cheese flatbread, snacks, quick bites
- Villa Italian Kitchen | Alaska Airlines, Avelo Airlines, Southwest | Menu highlights: Neapolitan pie, garlic rolls
Stay up to date on all things MCO via the airport’s website.