🚨 Now through the end of March 2023, you can complete an online survey to tell the City of Lakeland what improvements you want to see to downtown Lakeland’s parking scene. Take the survey here to weigh in on parking options, locations, bicycle parking, and more. Now, on to your regularly scheduled programming.
Did you know that your car is tagged downtown to track how long you’ve been parked? What about the City of Lakeland’s interactive parking map or app?
Don’t fret — we’re breaking down all that you need to know about free parking.
Free on-street parking is available to everyone downtown for up to two hours every day and is unlimited after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and all weekend long. Car tagging and tracking begin at 9 a.m., and your two hours start as soon as you park.
This means that your time will continue whether you’re parked on Main Street or Kentucky Avenue, accruing time within the same zone, unless extended by $1 per hour, up to an added two hours.
Wondering where else you can park for free? Check out the city’s free garage, lot, valet, and accessible options.
- Main Street Garage offers free parking after 3 p.m.
- Summit Parking Garage offers free parking Monday-Friday from 6 p.m.-3 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 6 a.m.-3 a.m.
- Orange Street Garage offers free public parking during events such as the Christmas Parade.
- Heritage Parking Garage offers free parking on the first and second floors after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- City permit parking lots provide free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Oak Street Parking has free spaces for the first 2 hours, after 5 p.m., and on weekends.
Accessible Parking Options
- Residents with accessible licenses or placards may park on-street for double the listed time. For example:
- Two standard hours free = Four hours free for accessible plates or placards
- For those interested in off-street parking, Munn Park, Lot D, and the Main Garage’s Cedar Street entrance allow for unlimited free parking.
- Residents with a Combat Wounded license plate or Purple Heart license plate can park for free all day.
Any public, accessible-marked space is available for free, unlimited parking.
Valet services are available at no cost (though tips are appreciated). The Munn Park Valet Operation operates Wed.-Fri. from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and Friday and Saturday nights with pickup available anywhere downtown.
Upon registration, residents and visitors can pay for parking, add to meters, extend free parking, and log visits downtown via the ParkMobile Parking App.