Did you know that your car is tagged downtown to track how long you’ve been parked? What about that the City of Lakeland has its very own interactive parking map or app?
Don’t fret — we’re breaking down all that you need to know about free parking + just how accessible downtown has become.
Free on-street parking is available to everyone downtown for up to 2 hours every day and is unlimited after 5 p.m. Mon.-Fri. + all weekend long. Car tagging + tracking begins at 9 a.m., and your 2 hours start as soon as you park.
This means, that your time will continue whether you’re parked on Main Street or Kentucky Avenue, accruing time within the same zone, unless extended by $1 per hour, up to an added 2 hours.
Wondering where else you can park for free? Check out the city’s free garage, lot, valet, and accessible options.
- Main Street Garage offers free parking to everyone after 3 p.m.
- Orange Street Garage offers free public parking during events such as the Christmas Parade.
- Heritage Parking Garage offers free parking on the first and second floors after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- City permit parking lots provide free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Oak Street Parking has free spaces for the first 2 hours, after 5 p.m., and on weekends.
Accessible Parking Options
- Residents with accessible licenses or placards may park on-street for double the listed time. For example:
- 2 standard hours free = 4 hours free for accessible plates or placards
- For those interested in off-street parking, Munn Park, Lot D, and the Main Garage’s Cedar Street entrance allow for unlimited free parking.
- Residents with a Combat Wounded license plate or Purple Heart license plate can park for free all day.
Any public, accessible-marked space is available for free, unlimited parking.
Valet services are available at no cost (though tips are appreciated). The Munn Park Valet Operation operates Wed.-Fri. from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and Friday + Saturday nights with pickup available anywhere downtown.
Upon registration, residents + visitors can pay for parking, add to meters, extend free parking, and log visits downtown via the ParkMobile Parking App.