Some pretty tee-rific news is headed your way this fall, LAL. 🏌️
Two local elementary school teachers – Ethan + Jenna Smith – are bringing a 3,500 sq. ft. eatery + golf simulator center to the northside at 7331 US Hwy. 98 N. (at the corner of US Hwy. 98 N. and Duff Rd., behind the MidFlorida Credit Union.), called The Back Nine.
What to expect
Here’s what you can expect at Lakeland’s premier golf center. ⬇️
- Three golf simulators from Full Swing Golf (the company that provides simulators for the Golf Channel and the PGA tour) that give access to 40+ golf courses from around the world.
- A full kitchen with “An American Casual” menu (think unique burgers, sandwiches, flatbreads, plus a dessert menu + a kid’s menu)
- A 20+ seat bar – one of the focal points of the eatertainment venue – serving beer + wine, and eventually, liquor.
- An environment that’s open to new + experienced golfers (those of which can bring their own clubs), people who want to learn, or just have fun. The space will also be kid-friendly. According to co-owner Jenna, “As elementary school teachers, we knew we wanted this to be somewhere our students would love to go.” Children <16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Both open simulator times + league creations for colleagues + friends, plus options for corporate or team events to rent.
- Multi-sport options on the simulators for those wanting to play football, baseball, hockey, dodgeball, etc.
QuoteWorthy: “We couldn’t imagine starting a business anywhere but Lakeland. We both grew up here – Ethan was born and raised in Lakeland and Jenna [I] moved here in 2004. We went to college in Orlando and moved to Gainesville for a year, after we were married in 2014, but knew Lakeland was calling us home, where we work and have our own family. There is so much residential development in North Lakeland, it feels like it needs something. We hope to provide that “something” with an entertainment and fun experience at The Back Nine.” – Co-owner Jenna Smith
📆 Less than fore months away, The Back Nine is estimated to be open late September or early October.
Logistics (pricing, parking + Covid-19)
Let’s talk logistics (pricing, parking + Covid-19)
- Pricing: Simulators will be available in hour increments and paid for by the hour (30/hr Mon.-Thurs., 35/hr Fri.-Sun.). The simulators are hourly prices, not per person. For instance, six people coming for an hour on a Monday, can play for $30 total. Menu pricing averages between $8-15.
- Discounts: The Back Nine will be running promotional memberships prior to opening, which will give discounted prices for the simulators. Packages include the Amateur Package (10 simulator hours and a free t-shirt for $250), Tour Pro Package (20 simulator hours, a free t-shirt, and 20 free beers for $500) + the Hall of Fame Package (40 simulator hours, free t-shirt and 20 free pitchers of beer for $1,000). Membership packages will only be available prior to opening. More info will be posted on The Back Nine’s website (currently a work-in-progress) + social media accounts.
- Numbers: Each simulator can support up to six people. Ex. A foursome can typically play a full round of 18 holes in about two hours. Reservations for the simulators can be made on The Back Nine’s website (currently a work-in-progress) or by calling The Back Nine.
- COVID-19 precautions: The Back Nine is following updates from the state of Florida and the CDC and will determine what exactly they will do when opening gets closer to ensure staff and guest safety.
- Parking: There is a large parking lot in front of The Back Nine as well as directly behind the building. The location is on the end of the plaza, so it’s the first business you’ll walk by when coming from the back.
- BYOC (bring your own club): If you have one, you’re encouraged to bring your own golf clubs.
- Follow: Check out The Back Nine’s Facebook, Instagram, and website (currently a work-in-progress) for more updates.
Don’t let yourself get stuck in a sand trap – share this link with friends to stay par the course. ⛳