Remote working spots in Lakeland
Did you know Lakeland was ranked No. 5 on Ownerly’s list of America’s Best Cities for Remote Workers? With many companies transitioning to hybrid or remote work models in recent years, LAL’S options for remote workers have continued to expand.
Did you know Lakeland was ranked No. 5 in the south on Ownerly’s list of America’s Best Cities for Remote Workers? With many companies transitioning to hybrid or remote work models in recent years, Lakeland’s options for remote workers have continued to expand.
💻 Coworking spaces
- Catapult Lakeland, 502 E. Main St., 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m Mon.-Fri. | Pick up a day pass for $20 and enjoy access to private phone booths, complimentary coffee + snacks, views of Lake Mirror, and walkability to downtown Lakeland.
- My Office and More, 122 E. Main St., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon.-Fri. | Day passes at this downtown coworking spot range from desk passes to office passes to hourly office rentals.
- The Well, 114 E. Parker St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon.-Fri. | The Well offers memberships for Lakelanders looking to work outside the home. Check out the various tiers, which range from virtual memberships to private offices, here.
- Coming soon: COhatch, 211 E. Main St, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon.-Fri. | Lakeland’s newest coworking space will offer private offices, coworking space, podcast rooms, health + wellness programs, and more.
☕ Caffeine fiend
- Hillcrest Coffee, 119 Hillcrest St., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Mon.-Fri. | Stop in for a morning quiche or an afternoon pick-me-up, stay for the cozy atmosphere and coloring books.
- Concord Coffee, 1037 Florida Ave. S. #135, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon.-Fri. | Pro tip: Get there early + snag the large table in the back for your next off-site team meeting.
- Pressed Lakeland, 213 E. Bay St. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Tues.-Thurs., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Fri.-Sat. | Take a brain break and peruse the collection of new + used books after ordering a coffee or tea.
- AxCaliber, 204 E. Orange St. #102, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tues.-Thurs., 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Fri | Name a better stress reliever than throwing axes… we’ll wait. Did you know they also have a full menu?
⛱️ Patio spaces
- Black & Brew Coffee House and Bistro, 100 Lake Morton Dr., 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sat., 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sun. | Located on-site at the Lakeland Public Library, this Black & Brew location offers a shaded patio as well as indoor seating. Pop inside for a hand-crafted latte, craft soda, sandwich, or tartine.
- The Joinery, 640 E. Main St., 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Fri. | This vibrant food hall is known for its large lake-front patio on Lake Mirror. For a more secluded outdoor vibe, head to the back patio (just remember trains pass back here, so you may need to mute those microphones if you have a call).
- The Juice Box, 4295 Florida Ave. S., 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Mon.-Sat. | This shaded, turf patio space is complete with picnic tables and hanging hammock chairs. Pop inside for bowls, wellness shots, smoothies, and freshly pressed juice for your post-meeting energy boost.
- Good Thyme, 1037 Dixieland Mall Ln., 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Mon.-Sat. | Grab a snack and a picnic table before getting down to business. If you need a mid-day caffeine boost, Concord Coffee is just steps away.
- Tea Largo, 4634 Cleveland Heights Blvd., 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Sun. | Tea Largo’s beachy vibes extend from their aesthetic interiors all the way to their patio tables. Snag a brightly-colored high-top table in the shade and enjoy a refreshing açaí bowl or iced tea.
📱 BYO Hotspot
- Lake Hollingsworth, 850 Lake Hollingsworth Dr., dawn-dusk | Whether you’re setting up shop on the Southern Landing boardwalk, hanging a hammock along the water, or laying a blanket out on the grass, this remote work spot is sure to be serene (just make sure you stay hydrated and BYO snacks).
- Lakeside Village, 1479 Town Center Dr., dawn-dusk – In case you missed it, Lakeside Village has a new central attraction, complete with seating and a shady pergola. Too hot? Step inside Books-A-Million and cool off with some fro-yo from Yogurt Mountain.
🍻 Countdown to 5 p.m.
- Swan Brewing, locations and hours vary | You deserve a brew or two after a hard day’s work. Head to the downtown location and choose between an outdoor patio space and an indoor area. Check their calendar to see what food trucks and events you can expect for your post-work dinner and entertainment.
- Dissent Brewing, 125 S. Kentucky Ave., 3-10 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 12-10 p.m. Fri-Sat., 12-8 p.m. Sun. | Close the laptop and open an Outspoken Ale. Pro tip: Dissent welcomes kids, pets, and outside food, so bring whatever you need to get comfortable.
Did we miss your go-to work from home wherever spot? Tell us all about it, and we might just try it out for ourselves.