It seems like on every corner of Lakeland there’s a church, mosque, synagogue, or temple. We’re teeming with religious communities. No matter what you’re looking for, we’ve got the details on eight local religious communities.
- Hokori Zen Center, Inc., 3140 Troy Ave. | This zen Buddhist temple offers both in-person and virtual meetings to the public. Join their Facebook page for information on meditations + special events.
- There are over 177 churches in Lakeland alone. We couldn’t list them all, but the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce has a list of organizations that can get you started.
- Shree Swaminarayan Mandir, 2793 New Tampa Hwy. | This Hindu temple offers morning + evening aarti and weekly Sabha on Saturdays.
- Hindu Temple of Florida, 5509 Lynn Rd., Tampa | A temple in Tampa dedicated to spreading the Sanatana Dharma through services, programming + education. You can check out their special events or take a tour of the temple.
- Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life | ISJL provides education, cultural programming, and community services across the south.
- Temple Emanuel, 600 Lake Hollingsworth Dr. | Shabbat services (Fridays at 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m.) as well as special services (such as Tot Shabbat) are open to the public. Join their Facebook page for events and updates.
- The Islamic Society of Greater Lakeland | This nonprofit organization is dedicated to uplifting the Muslim community, interfaith relations, and civic engagement. Check out their Facebook page for updates.
- The Islamic Center of Lakeland, 1161 S. Blossom Cir. | This is currently the only masjid in Lakeland proper. It offers weekly Jumu’ah services starting at 1:30 p.m.
- Masjid Al-Nur, 1425 N. Broadway Ave. Unit 3, Bartow | The newest masjid in Polk County hosts weekly Jumu’ah services (starting at 1:30 p.m), five daily prayers, and weekend seminars with guest speakers.
This is an incomplete list of religious organizations in Swan City. If yours didn’t make the list, tell us about it here.