For our next trick, we’ll make your desire to stay inside disappear. ? Before we work some magic on your public park proficiency, let’s start with a pop quiz: do you know how many public parks Lakeland has to offer?
If you guessed 70+, you’re right (and we’re impressed).
And, while we can’t cover all 70, we can hit the highlights — From public pools to dog parks, we’re here to help you find your next outdoor adventure.
- Common Ground Playground, 1000 E. Edgewood Dr. | The first “inclusive play” experience in Polk County, this playground is accessible for kids of all ability levels.
- Handley Park, 1419 Phyllis St. | Bring the family to enjoy the new playground equipment, installed in Nov. 2020.
- Fletcher Park, 800 US 98 South, | Multiple playgrounds, a soccer field + a skatepark ensure there’s something for everyone at this Lake Bonny area park.
- Naylor Park, 75 Lake Hunter Dr. | Get scenic views of Lake Hunter, or walk less than a mile to Cob & Pen and Concord Coffee.
- Cleveland Heights Golf Course, 2900 Buckingham Ave. | Walk around the course from dawn until dusk. Don’t forget to look up.
- Peterson Park, 3700 Cleveland Heights Blvd. | Enjoy an elevated walking path with views of Lake John.
- Gandy Pool, 404 Imperial Blvd. | Check their website for days of operation, features + events.
- Simpson Park Pool, 1726 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. | Opening on May 30, check their website for days of operation, features + events.
- Dog Leg Woods, 3326 Cleveland Heights Blvd. | Located in central Lakeland, just off Cleveland Heights Golf Course.
- Douglas M. Cook Park, 955 Wedgewood Estates Blvd. | Dog park in north Lakeland.
- Lake Crago Dog Park, 525 Lake Crago Dr. | Located at the Lake Crago Outdoor Recreation Complex in north Lakeland.