Polk Pride is back and prouder than ever. From June 11-18, Polk will be rocking rainbows and celebrating the LGBTQ+ community. If you want to keep up with all the pride around Swan City this month, we’ve got the rundown on everything you need to know.
Pride in Polk
Polk Pride is an event of the Lakeland Youth Alliance, a nonprofit organization that provides support for LGBTQ+ youth. The annual Polk Pride event works towards that mission by raising awareness and acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Pride on Tap | Sat., June 11 | 2-5 p.m. | Swan Brewing | Free entry | The whole family can join in on raffles and auction items to benefit Polk Pride
- Pride for Youth | Wed., June 15 | 6:30 p.m. | Skate World, 911 N. Lake Parker Ave. | Free | Those ages 11-20 are welcome to join the Lakeland Youth Alliance Pride Party.
- Pride in Faith | Thurs., June 16 | 7 p.m. | Beacon Hill Fellowship, 220 W. Beacon Rd. | Free | All faiths are welcome at this service hosted by faith partners who stand in support of Pride.
- Pride Weekend Kickoff | Fri., June 17 | 9 p.m.-2 a.m. | The Parrot, 1030 E. Main St. | Free entry | Get Pride weekend going with drinks, dancing, and drag.
- Pride in the Park | Sat., June 18 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Munn Park | Free entry | A large festival for the whole family with live entertainment, food trucks, and vendors.
- Pride After Dark | Sat., June 18 | 9 p.m.-2 a.m. | The Parrot, 1030 E. Main St. | Free entry | Close out Pride with this after party — 21+ only, please.
Events are still being updated. Follow Polk Pride on Instagram to stay in the know.
How to get involved
We love a party, but Pride is also prime time to give back. Donations to the Youth Alliance help provide life-saving support to LGBTQ+ youths in our community.