Have you heard of Delta-8? No, we aren’t talking about the airline company or the faucet hardware. Today we are breaking down the 411 on the agricultural product known as Delta-8 which remains legal in FL — at least for now.
So, what is it?
We don’t want to get in the weeds, so Delta-8 is 1 of 140+ compounds found in cannabis that has become increasingly popular due to the similarity to Delta-9 (aka tetrahydrocannabinol, the scientific name for THC). Delta-9 users have been known to experience feelings of euphoria, increased hunger, symptom relief, and more.
Basically, the 2 cannabinoids share similar chemical structures + their names.
How does this work legally?
Currently, Florida has not banned Delta-8 + it is available locally. According to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the hemp plant is legal, however, it has to have a THC level below .3%. Anything above that is illegal in the state, for now.
Where can you find it locally?
- Your CBD Store — Some locations selling SunMed’s ABOVE line of Delta-8 tinctures, sprays, and gummies.
- Earth E CBD — Shop at a carrier of Earth E products which includes vape, flowers, tinctures, gummies, and more.
- Blue Angels Body Jewelry — Candy, cartridges, gummies, and flower.
- Bell Family Dispensary LLC — All Delta-8 products here must be bought in-store.
- AZ WHOLEistic — Cartridges + oils.