It’s Sept. 22, which means that it’s officially the first day of fall, and though our leaves don’t change and it’s still 80 degrees out, we are ready to celebrate the new season. After all, you can’t spell fall without LAL.
Check out our 10+ fall-inspired activities, locations, and events in Central Florida that are sure to please friends of all ages. Whether you’re looking to venture outdoors and conquer a corn maze, find the perfect seasonal drink, or pick up trinkets by local makers, there is so much to explore in Swan City. P.S. If you know of a place we missed, let us know.
- Harvest Holler | Through Nov. 14 | Hours Vary | 950 Tavares Rd., Polk City | Prices Vary | Pack up the kiddos and head to the holler. The kiddos can play with animals, enjoy seasonal activities, munch on cobblers, and even venture into the corn maze. Pro Tip: If someone in your group was in the military, Harvest Holler honors military discounts.
- Fox Squirrel Corn Maze | Oct. 9-Oct. 24 (weekends only) | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | 3002 Charlie Taylor Rd. N., Plant City | Prices Vary | At this corn maze you may find yourself playing cornhole, purchasing pumpkins, or riding a pony. And, don’t forget to check out the selection of bbq, kettle corn, lemonade, and ice cream – all of your favorite fall festival foods will be there. 🌽
- Presbyterian Church in the Highlands | Oct. 4-31 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | 1010 Lake Miriam Dr., Lakeland | Prices Vary | Pumpkin pickin’ this way — and, it’s right here in the 863. Plus, any proceeds benefit a ministry of your choosing. What better way to give back?
- Hyde Park Village Pumpkin Patch | Oct. 1-31 | Hours vary | 1602 W. Snow Ave., Tampa | Prices vary | Pick your perfect pumpkin + take some cool snapshots, all while supporting The Humane Society of Tampa Bay. Pro Tip: Make sure to have a cashless payment ready for purchases at this patch. 🎃
- Shimmering Lights Fall Festival | Oct. 8-31 | 7:30-10 p.m. | 2302 N. Dover Rd., Dover | Prices vary | Enjoy this quarter-mile self-guided trail among lights and music with refreshments, outdoor movies, and a play area for the kids. Pro Tip: Wear comfortable + protective shoes for walking in uneven parts.
- Fall Festival | Sun., Oct. 31 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Believers’ Fellowship Church 5240 N. Socrum Loop Rd., Lakeland | Free | Ring in November with hayrides, carnival games, crafts + food. Bring a nonperishable food item donation. 🍂
2019 Winter Haven Oktoberfest | Photo via @bernielittledistributors
- Swan Brewing’s Oktoberfest | Oct. 15-17 | 12-9 p.m. | 115 W. Pine St., Lakeland | Prices vary | Sip on special beer releases including the Swantoberfest, and other special guest taps. 🍻
- Oktoberfest Downtown | Oct. 15 | 6-9 p.m. | Central Park Downtown Winter Haven | Prices vary | Can’t make it to Munich this year? No problem. Winter Haven is celebrating Bavarian traditions with over 40 brews, live music, awesome eats, and a Weiner Dog race. Prost. 🥨
Owner of Dandelions Handmade, Mayra | Photo via @dandelionsbym
- Fall Festival and Craft Fair | Sat., Oct. 23 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Presbyterian Church in the Highlands 1010 Lake Miriam Dr. | Prices Vary | Shop handmade items by local artists and artisan vendors + enjoy bounce houses, rock climbing, music, and food.
Food + Drink
Scarecrow with Grove Roots’ pumpkin ale | Photo via @groverootsbrewing
- Grove Roots Brewing Co. | 160 S. Broadway Ave., Bartow | Fall-elujah, the pumpkin ale at Grove Roots Brewing is back. Cleverly named Life is Gourd, this ale will have you wishing for fall all year round. Try the pumpkin drink or any of their other beers on tap + enjoy food trucks and live music all season long. 🍺
- Concord Coffee | 1037 Florida Ave. S., Lakeland | We know how hard it is to let the season pass without a PSL…so don’t. Head over to Concord to add a little warmth to your day with a seasonal drink. Try This: If lattes aren’t your caffeinated go-to, you can add pumpkin syrup to any of your hot or iced coffee drinks to make it your personal Pumpkin Spice staple. ☕
E-book in Wekiwa Springs | Photo via @bookwormtravels_
- Wekiwa Springs State Park | Wekiwa Circle, Apopka | Wekiwa Springs is always a great spot, but to make it even better + even get a glimpse of fall, stop by in mid-November. Pro Tip: Bring your current read, pack a cooler, and even pop on a beanie, if the weather allows. Be sure to have $6 on you before you arrive as it’s pay-per-vehicle for admission. 🌍
Sir Henry’s Haunted House | Photo via @sirhenryshauntedtrail
- Sir Henry’s Haunted Trail | Select dates through Oct. 31| Hours vary | 2837 South Frontage Rd., Plant City | $25 | Choose between 3 haunted trails, an escape game, and laser tag…all while keeping away from the phantom Sir Henry. To keep the scares safe, Sir Henry’s requires tickets to be purchased in advance. 👻
Lake Wales History Museum | Photo via @savagelysavvyleigh
- Pioneer Days Festival | Oct. 23-Oct. 24 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | 33 N. Lakeshore Blvd., Lake Wales | Free | See how the pioneers lived at the Pioneer Days Festival featuring pioneer camps, artisan vendors, a pumpkin patch, live music, food + drinks. Hosted by the Lake Wales History Museum, this event is both fun and educational. 🍁