It’s graduation season. And while some schools, like our friends at Southeastern University, have already walked the stage and tossed their caps, students at Florida Southern College, Florida Polytechnic University, Keiser University, and Polk State College still have a momentous occasion to look forward to.
What pairs best with closing a significant chapter? Opening an appetizing menu. Check out these brunch spots for your graduation celebrations.
- Born & Bread Bakehouse, 1113 Florida Ave. S. | Get that messy cruffin, you’ve earned it.
- Britt’s Cafe, 3662 Harden Blvd. | With locations on the north and south sides, this diner works for your out-of-town guests no matter where they’re staying.
- The Brunch Box, 735 E. Memorial Blvd. | Did you know they have an all-you-can-eat option? Get fried fish, grits, hush puppies + more for $15.
- Cob & Pen, 1221 Florida Ave. S. | Release some steam with a game of cornhole after brunch.
- Cozy Oaks Restaurant, 1201 E. Orange St. | In our humble opinion, the Fat Cat Breakfast would be the most fun thing to order.
- The Egg Factory, 1533 S. Combee Rd. | Order the Buenos Dias burrito for an extra good morning.
- Frescos, 132 S. Kentucky Ave. | Two words: Bottomless mimosas.
- Good Thyme, 1037 Dixieland Mall Ln. | Pro tip: Pair your brunch with a bev from Concord Coffee.
- Highland City Diner, 5221 US-98 | This spot claims the title of Lakeland’s best diner — you can be the judge of that.
- Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, 3615 Florida Ave. S. | Banana split waffle? Say no more.
- Nineteen61, 215 E. Main St. | Order a brunch cocktail (we love the Coco Mojito).
- Terrace Grille, 329 E. Main St. | Their new seasonal menu is looking fresh. Try the Terrace Frittata.