In honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, we’re highlighting local AAPI business owners + creatives around LAL. Here are 9 AAPI Lakelanders + small businesses that you recommended:
- 863 Company | Thoughtfully made, hand-crafted custom welcome mats made by Lakeland native Gabriella Owen.
- Annalee Mutz | A writer, editor, and content strategist who specializes in telling stories + leading teams to find their voice.
- Gigi’s Oriental Market, 1751 E Edgewood Dr. | Quality Korean and Asian delicacies at the center of Lakeland.
- KarateBeyond, 4124 Florida Ave S | Martial arts practice informed by child psychology + development, led by Master Jae Choe.
- LkldLofi | Original Lofi beats produced by Noodlehoppa, a guitarist +Lofi beatmaker often found in downtown Lakeland.
- Omusubee | Grab-and-go snacks featuring both traditional Japanese + locally influenced flavors. View their pop-up locations here.
- Saigon Bistro, 1554 Town Center Dr. W | Authentic Vietnamese cuisine served up fresh by the Huynh family. Order anything from pho to boba tea.
- Sentiment Company, 110 W Highland St | Sustainability-minded home decor brand + antique goods shop run by Carissa Kim Pintello Sundberg.
- Thai Oishi, 1535 Town Center Dr. | Authentic Thai + Japanese dishes served from an exhibition kitchen. Start with pad thai + finish with green tea ice cream.
Is there someone missing from our list? Tell us about a member of Lakeland’s AAPI community who has made an impact.