In case you missed it, the former home to the Lakeland Rubber Stamp Co., located at 719 E. Palmetto St., is undergoing renovations for new tenants after being purchased in 2020. Right now, the building has a fresh coat of paint and a gutted interior.
Renovations to the little slice of Lake Morton history will include gooseneck lights, a fresh coat of white and black paint, and new windows featuring transoms — or horizontal beam-work.
Presently, a yoga studio is planned to enter the space once the flip is complete, but other tenants have not been secured. In the past, records detail inhabitants such as dance studios, barbershops, and retailers like neighborhood grocers sharing the 100-year old building. Upcoming tenants (whoever they might be) are expected to be filling the space by May.
- Lakeland needs a rock climbing gym downtown. — Linz N. Lily
- I would love an Italian market! — @hunterblaisejoan
- A neighborhood bar would be great. — @stephamini
- Health food store, some kind of cultural dining experience…an art supplies store, or a bar… — @toribrady
- Bulk food, zero-waste grocery store 🔥🔥🔥 — @_ktdoes_
Well, Lakeland, what do you think? Fill out the question box below with your ideas.